Sunday, August 22, 2010

Non-Scale Victories

Hi Fellow Losers :)

This weekend was a success with many non-scale victories to report.

1. Mocktails.




Not only were they delicious and filling before dinner, they really satisfied my pre-going out ritual. Before, I would have had one or two drinks before going out, followed by one or two at dinner. I was really excited to find that this was totally unnecessary. I ended the day well within my points/calorie range thanks to these delicious placebo beverages.

2. Clothes.



In the above pictures you will see me with the dress I bought off the clearance rack for the wedding we were attending. The dress is still on the hangar because when I put it on, I realized it was way too baggy and would need altered very soon if I was to keep it. I am wearing a dress from roughly 4 years ago--a dress I didn't fit in to for the last few years. Pretty exciting stuff! Now I can take that other loose dress back and spend that money on something in my new size.

3. Late night snacking.



I packed really healthy snacks for hubs and I for the trip: broccoli salad with thai dressing for me (70 calories), a light babybel cheese (also for me) and crackers and string cheese for hubs. We snacked on these on the way to the wedding.
The wedding food was sparse so we didn't eat much over the many hours we spent conversing and celebrating. It was a 2.5 hour drive home and we spent all of it in a state of hunger. As we made it to our exit, we had a choice:

Wendys, Mcdonalds, Taco Bell
or
Home.

We chose home. I had a smart one thai noodles and chicken--a personal favorite--and 1/2 cup of Life cereal. It was fulfilling and healthy though eating that late at night isn't always the best idea. I am proud of us!

4. Givin' it to the Pavement
The dog and I walked 1.6 miles in 30 minutes today! Record time considering we often have to stop and smell things (cough, cough). I have been struggling with some things and I spent my walk thinking about them. I got mad. And I gave it to the pavement. And guess what? It's still out there, on the pavement, not here with me. I am off to enjoy a stress free Sunday because this workout freed me :

I hope your weekend was chalked full of non-scale victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment