Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last Straw Moment

Everyone has one.
Lots of people post about them, reflect on them, refer to them when they are losing momentum.
For many, it is a photograph. A time when they looked at their image and saw something so drastically different than the image they had of themselves that they had to do something to change.

Mine isn't a photo.
Don't get me wrong, I have a dozen plus photos that could serve as a last straw moment.

But last night I really had a last straw moment. I had a dream that my teeth were rotten and had moved in my mouth so that I looked....like a monster.
And what horrified me the most is that I looked in the mirror and realized I had been walking around for months, years, with my teeth horribly rotten and grotesque. I realized, in my dream, when I looked into the mirror at my horrid teeth that I had been walking around smiling and living and being genuinely happy while something on my face was rotting.

I know teeth can mean things in dreams. But I don't need a dictionary to realize what this dream means.

I have been walking around and smiling and being genuinely happy all the while ignoring the gluttonous habits that are so evident on me. It is so upsetting. I'm not mad at myself. I just know I have to change.

I looked in the mirror while dreaming and I saw what I had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment