Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Challenge

Yesterday, husband received some very good news.

We decided to go out to eat to celebrate. I had some wine first. I had 3-4 glasses. I don’t know why I let that happen.

I don’t want to even write this. I don’t want to be aware of the binge that occurred last night. I’d rather just forget it.

But if I do that, I won’t have a chance to do better next time. I’ll forget how guilty I feel, how mad I am at hurting myself and I’ll just do it again.

So I’ll tell you here that I had 3-4 glasses of wine, and then TWO more LIIT at dinner along with a 40 point pasta dish. I only ate half the pasta at dinner. I finished off the pasta later that night.

I can be mad at my decisions, but I can’t be mad at myself. Everyone makes mistakes.The mistakes have been made. It’s over.

Guess what? I plan to correct those bad decisions. The anger I have for those horrible, rotten decisions will fuel me this week and I will work out to get those 12 extra points back.

You see, I am on day three of my week and I have already used my 35 extra points—plus 12. If I can stay within my points for the rest of the week and work out for a total of 12 points, I will be even. The scale may still remember my bad choices. But I will know I can be stronger than them.

This is my life. I fell down, but I don’t have to let go and fall down the slope. I can get back up and keep walking.

And that’s what I plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment