Thursday, August 12, 2010

Healthy Choices at Panera

Good Morning, World!

Yesterday I had a sweet surprise: a friend called me for lunch. I normally work out at lunch, so getting out and about for an hour sounded awesome.

We decided on Panera.

I ordered the you pick two with a chopped bbq chicken salad, a whole grain baguette and a roast beef asiago sandwich.

There was no way I could eat it all in one sitting. Not unless I wanted to take a nap back at the office.

So I just had this(the salad part of the picture):



This was only 250 calories and 5 grams of fat! Amazing.
And I didn't even have to let on that I was "dieting" or require special accommodations from my friend (i.e., I need to go to a salad bar or can we just get coffee?).

At the end of lunch my fit and slim friend mentioned her need to hit the pastry counter. I strolled over there with her as she ordered and she said something to the effect of "oh, come on, you have to have something." And I thought in my head, well, she means no harm at all but she has never had 100+ pounds to lose. She doesn't understand. But that's ok, because I get it. And I know I don't have to have some. Not even one.

2 comments:

  1. I love lunch at Panera! All 3 that I have been to have low fat mayo packets in the area by the drinks- so I order all of my sandwiches plain and add the mayo myself. Plus the salads are great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea they have low fat mayo packets over there. I know what I will be doing next time (I realized the horseradish sauce wasn't worth the calories at all on the roast beef). Thanks TJ!

    ReplyDelete