Thursday, March 4, 2010

Who Decides?

Albert Einstein said, “The definition of insanity is to keep doing what we have always done expecting different results.”

This so applies to my life—today and every day.
If I wake up every day thinking negative thoughts, nothing is going to change.
If I eat crap every day, I am going to feel (and look!) like crap.
If I come to my desk everyday and don’t look for possibilities, don’t attempt to open every door, then, everything is going to stay the EXACT SAME that is has always been.
If I don’t start moving and get active, I am going to feel (and look!) like a slug.

I cannot do the same things I have always done and expect things to change.
Someone else controls whether I get into the SOCHE program.
Someone else decides if I get the jobs I apply for.
Someone else decides if they are going to hand me shit (complaints, attitude, anger, hostility, the offer of calorie-ridden cake).
Many things are in the hands of other people.
But I decide if I am going to try again.
I decide if I am going to make a good impression.
I decide if I am going to bring them good things (a great attitude, joy, support, love, friendship, a smile or the offer of calorie ridden cake)
I decide if I am going to spin the shit they give me into a nice brown cardigan to keep me warm.
I decide if I am going to give myself healthy, filling foods and if I am going to keep my body in motion.

In the end, every single day is a gift, a chance to progress to become the person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment