Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tips, Tricks and TGIF

Last night Hubs and I ran out of the house to take care of some errands and found ourselves ravenous. We have a no-eating-out-under-any-circumstances rule for the debit card, but I still have some birthday money floating around so we went.
I ate a 36 point dinner.
Let me repeat: My dinner, not my DAY, was THIRTY-POINTS.
I can’t imagine how many points hubs had as I made him finish off the appetizers and I shoved some of my main dinner on to his plate as well.
Here is the breakdown:
TGIFridays
Mozzarella sticks (3): 8pts
Green bean fries: 4-ish
Chicken breast (crusted parm chicken): 8 pts
Vanilla bean cheesecake: 16 points
Total= 36 points
The worst part is that after this little binge, I am actually feeling SKINNY today. In fact, I shoved all this down my gullet while wearing a skirt that I finally feel comfortable in (it has been too small for months-years now).
Luckily, I read the blog of bitchcakes today and it turned my gluttonous frown upside down.
First off, it is a new week (the second day of a new week, but still) and therefore I have my extra points allotment to cover 35 of those evil little points that tasted like heaven.
In addition, I have two feet. AND two legs. And the ability to move. So I plan to rack up some activity points to make this week worth it in the long run.
The binge is behind me and guess what? Aside from a crazy full-belly-induced nightmare where the whole world dies if they don’t cover their heads with blankets when the sun comes out, I feel great.
We are having a good bye party for someone here at work today and there is a ton of very bad food. But I don’t feel like I’ll be depriving myself if I don’t eat it. Contrary to that, I feel like I can really have whatever I want, as long as I know how to juggle it.
And I do.
Goals for the day:
Live with purpose.
Clean out my car!
Incorporate at least an hour of heavy exercise
Take the beast for a walk?

Goals for the rest of the week:
Get some movement in daily
Drink my water! (diet coke is NOT water)
Clean my house
Take errands when possible at work

No comments:

Post a Comment