Monday, March 22, 2010

ThankFULL

I really rocked it last week. I ate below my points, worked out, stayed focused. I chose a glass of crystal light as a treat while watching a movie. I walked, even when I really didn’t want to.
And then on Saturday I ruined all of that. I went to a child’s bday party where I stayed on track. I overlooked the hot dogs, the cake, etc. I did well. I came home and gnawed on half a subway sub but then realized I was too full and I took a break and then finished it later. Now that, my friends, is impressive.
What happened later is just sad.
I had a few drinks and we went to our friends to pick them up for bowling. I then proceeded to have a few more drinks at the bowling alley.
We then went to steak and shake where I had a frisco melt (31 pts), fries with cheese (8-10) and half a milkshake.
Holy crap.
What was I thinking?
I will probably have a gain next week. I need to remind myself why it happened. This is little pig out session makes me realize I need to set some new goals.
1. Maximum of two drinks at any given session. These should be MEASURED.
2. Drink a full glass of something non-alcoholic between each drink.
3. Don’t eat it unless you know the points.
Now you may be asking yourself, Why is she thankful? The FULL part we get, but why the gratitude?
I am thankful because I get a second chance. In fact, I get a clean slate pretty much whenever I ask myself for it. I am thankful that I made some really great decisions (despite three horrible ones). I am grateful that this time, I am truly committed and have support from my family and the blogosphere.
We can’t do this alone and we can’t do it overnight. I don’t expect to. And I am better for it.
Life is good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment