Thursday, March 18, 2010

I know why the scale won't move

I need to be honest with myself.
When I was incredibly successful on WW the first time, I made some major sacrifices. This time, I feel like I am still allowing myself too much—meaning I am keeping with many of the same “unhealthy” behaviors that I should be losing along with the pounds.
I haven’t lost my unhealthy behaviors, so I haven’t lost actual pounds.
Easy correlation, but a hard one to break.
Yesterday I did a great job of staying away from the feast of bad food at the office. However, at the end of the day I gave in to a cupcake. Now, this wouldn’t be so bad if I had not:
a) Already had a cookie
b) Ate it so quickly it was barely registered
This meant I went over for the day. Of course, I made up for those points in exercise but that isn’t the point. The exercise should have boosted the work I did that day, not equaled out the cupcake I shoved down my gullet in 2.76 seconds.
Dieting is about making some sacrifices. And I don’t feel like I have made as many as I need to. If I wanted a cupcake this week, I should have had one while “sitting down in the middle of myself”, meaning when I was listening to my body , was calm, was thankful and took the time to really enjoy it.
I’m not mad at myself. In fact, I am proud of how much I am doing. However, it is time to face the music.

New goals:
•Measure everything!
•Over estimate when guessing
•If I want something bad, drink a whole glass of water before deciding
•Try to stay at 26 pts a day, and use activity to lose more weight, not to eat more
•Keep in mind future times when I will have a special treat (example: this weekend I’ll have some wine or drinks at poker night, so I don’t really need that chocolate now)

No comments:

Post a Comment