Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Finding Balance

This week could be a horribly stressful week-- if I let it.

I haven't waited on a phone call from a man like this since I was single (close to four years ago).
Of course every minute that the company doesn't call is a chance for me to second guess the extreme confidence I have.
And I could be partaking in emotional eating, fighting with hubs, being self destructive by drinking each night because "I'm just so stressed"-- but I'm not.
And I am better for it.
Despite having a To-Do list eighteen pages long, I have managed to get exercise in both days this week and plan to do so today at lunch as well.
The fact is, I can take whatever the world throws at me AND find time to be good to myself. In fact, the logic that underlies that statement is that if I don't find time to be good to myself, I won't be able to handle what the world throws at me.

Readers: How do you handle stress?
What benefits do you notice from exercise aside from weight loss?
What do you do to take time for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment