Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Elliptical

It is day two of the elliptical (note that it is not day two of exercise, but of the elliptical). I have less fear of the gym now when I walk past the huge windows and see all the committed, non-obese people sweatin' one out (great image huh?). And I don’t let little things stop me. Like, I know I have homework and I could do it over lunch but doing it at home and saving my lunch for workout is so rewarding.
And so what if I forgot socks? I’ll just rock it sockless.

Little things will always be there, smiling from the corner, tempting me to just give up. But I refuse. Because when I get to that point where the sweat is dripping off my face and my heart rate is strong at 170, I know I am doing good things.
And I know I am worth the work.

I also tried something new today. I rocked the elliptical in reverse. I could only do it for two minutes, and at a resistance of 1 instead of 7, but I did it nonetheless and I plan to do it again. Soon.

This is fast becoming one of my favorite work outs.
What's your favorite work out?
What do you do when you're short on time?
What do you do when you really want to challenge yourself?
How do you motivate yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment