Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pasta Disgusta?

I felt like cooking on Saturday, so I got right to it:




Ever tried whipped butter? I'm a huge fan thanks to hungrygirl.com. It has much lower calorie and fat counts.



Ever tried Jennie-O Italian turkey sausage links? With about 130 calories per (enormous!) link, they are a great option for pasta dishes.



How about spinach in a can? Any fans out there?
I pulled this baby from the back of my pantry and found it...well, I'll say it was a cheap buy for how much spinach you get but you have to be willing to press the spinach into patties in your hand to remove the excess water. It was intense.

This is also where the pasta dish took a turn for the adventurous.





I was making lunch for both Hubs and I, and I knew all that spinach was going to send him running for the door. So I tried to hide it....




With low fat ricotta of course!

Here's how it turned out:



Doesn't he look pleased?
He acted like I had tried to kill him.

I know some of you out there (TJ's test kitchen, for example) have men in your life who are adventurous with food and like the thrill of good eats. While I have many things to be thankful for, I'm not that lucky.

I happened to love this dish. I reheated it with some parmesean cheese the next day for lunch. My tummy was happy.

May your kitchen adventures be as joyous and fulfilling :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of your husband. I almost had coffee coming out of my nose as I literally LOL :) It may seem like I am lucky with Sean eating some of the healthy meals I make- and I love that he wants to eat healthy, BUT he is SO PICKY! He would have run from that spinach! lol

    ReplyDelete