Friday, September 3, 2010

OMG Risotto!

Hi Friends.
I had dinner with two of my favorites last night at our favorite local restaurant, Christopher's.



Source


If you're ever in Dayton, you need to stop by this little mecca of fine dining. They have something for everyone--vegans, vegetarians and kids alike!

I ordered the Vegetable risotto. I didn't add meat.

It was quite simply, amazing.

And I was quite sure that even though I only ate about a cup (of the 5-6 cup portion they served me--eek!)I had consumed close to 600 calories of goodness.

The culprit was the butter.

I could taste it. It slid down my throat. It was amazing.

I woke up this morning castrating myself for my bad decision. With weigh in looming one day away,I didn't need that at all.

But then I had an epiphany.

The entree was vegan.

There's no butter in a vegan dish.

There's no ovum or milk or flesh at all.

Why, that heavenly orchestra of flavor was chicken broth and spices and olive oil.

How can it be?



It's waiting at home for me in the fridge. All ten pounds of it (it seems that large anyway). I wish I could box it up and send it to you guys.

It is the kind of food that heals your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment