Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hostest with the Mostest

I really love having people over to my house. I especially love feeding them.
On Friday we had two of our favorites over and I made bruschetta (healthy, right?), mini pizzas covered in mozzarella (hmm...), potato chips and dip and spinach dip with whole wheat pita chips. I ate entirely too much of the bad stuff in this description.

I paid a visit to eatmovewrite and saw some pictures of her entertaining. She made a wholesome meal and it looked like there were NO appetizers during the wine/beer part of the evening.

Now is the time when I tell you that my meal (mentioned above) was made entirely of appetizers. No, not to be fun. Because we were likely going to eat AGAIN. Sad day. Sad Face. Now the writer at eatmovewrite lives in Californa, so maybe the people she entertains are more prone to the healthy lifestyle and can accept her side dish of cucumbers. And know that I certainly would have. However, the people I entertain love to EAT, especially the husband side of the mates in attendance. I have this same issue when feeding family that visits. They don't want healthy. They want filling, fattening, and divine.

I can learn from EMW though. I can learn to ALWAYS have a side of cucumber and low fat ranch dip. I can learn to always have a healthier option available-- even if it is just for me.

Here is to future hosting where I am the host with a little less ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment