Friday, November 13, 2009

Lifestyle vs. Diet

I am noticing that it is really easy to fall of the horse this time around. I don't know where the hell I got the will power I had at 20, but I can tell you it is not coming back.
I have to learn this thing all over again. It is not about eating peas so you can drink a beer. And it is not about losing pounds to gain a man. This time it is for me and that makes it... a whole lot harder.
I still carry cans of vegetables around because I should be eating those when I am hungry. But if I really want a piece a pie, I'm gunna eat it. If I really want to eat like everyone else at the company baby shower, well, i am going to. Obvious by the fact that I did so yesterday-- pizza (three slices?), a beer, a lemon square that tasted strangely like fish, 1 slice cheese, apples and caramel, WW spinach dip, crackers. And then I went to dinner and had fried pickles, french fries with mayo and half a philly with mayo oh yeah and two drinks. Wow that was depressing.

But I did take the dog for a mile walk two days this past week and I plan to again tonight. And I guess that is the difference between a lifestyle and a diet. I am finding recipes that are healthy and good-- and that hubs will actually eat, like fiber one rice crispies and other lean meats. I have so much beef in my freezer that I have NO idea what to do with....seriously, it is overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment